question

mikaoyry avatar image
mikaoyry asked

Agrofet on 120A alternator new betamarine engine

I have Agrofet battery isolator 100A 2 outputs, My issue is that I Changed engine to my sailboat, it's new Beta marine. Now everything else is working fine, but agrofet seems to be problem. I have been troubleshooting this issue with Beta and they asked me to contact Victron about this issue. Agrofet worked fine with my old Volvo Penta MD2030. Now Agrofet seems to prevent charging to start.

I have now wire from Agrofet energize to alternator D+ and there is also wire from D+ to charging light (by Beta wiring harness).

1685679587087.png

1685679727795.png

alternator
1685679587087.png (148.3 KiB)
1685679727795.png (478.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
mvas avatar image
mvas answered ·

From the AgroFET datasheet...
Alternator Energize Input:
Some alternators need DC voltage on the B+ output to start charging. Obviously, DC will be present when the alternator is directly connected to a battery. Inserting a Argodiode or Argofet splitter will however prevent any return voltage/current from the batteries to the B+, and the alternator will not start. The new Argofet Isolators have a special current limited energize input that will power the B+ when the engine run/stop switch is closed.
DATASHEET

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mikaoyry avatar image
mikaoyry answered ·

I had energize connected to alternator D+, but it was not working. Should I connect energize to B+, I have not tried that. I removed Agrofet and had alternator directly connected to start battery, then charging was working at higher rpms. I also noticed that alternator is not charging at idle rmp, that might also effect somehow Agrofet. Anyway, that's alternator issue, which must be fixed. Thans for the help.

2 |3000

mikaoyry avatar image
mikaoyry answered ·

My agrofet is about 3-4 years old does it have "special current limited energize"? There is energize pin on the device.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic