question

dmin avatar image
dmin asked

Type of battery setting 75/15

4FA56122-DFC0-42A1-9450-6A8212007E7D.pngHi all

Would any of you kind people be able to advise me of the correct way to set the battery type on a 75/15 through the smart solar phone app and a 180w panel. I have got the float and absorption voltages from Avon batteries and it’s a sealed flooded battery (95ah). I’ve change the voltages as Avon recommended but there is an option to select the battery type and flooded sealed isn’t there. I can choose gel and spiral agm. It’s brand new so I just do not want to damage it.

Thanks

Darren

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @dmin

Try one of the Gel settings. Modify if necessary and save it under the name Avon. Then you have your own personal charge algorithm.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lofty avatar image
lofty answered ·

Could I expand a bit on the question. I am new to the forum and just bought a Vic 75 15 with 165 solar panel. I have two Duracell group 31 AGM 12 volt batteries in parallel as my house battery on our lobstering boat. My question, and please understand I am really new to the type of technology, is from the setting how do I select the AGM style battery. And once I accomplish that, do I need to set the other parameters. I have been told this is easy and it is blowing my mind. I do not want to mess anything up. It is the blue tooth model Victron 75 15. The manual is a bit confusing for me. Thanks, in advance.

2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

You don't really need to. But.

Select the charger, cog wheel, battery settings, select preset.

2 |3000

lofty avatar image
lofty answered ·

I appreciate the response. So cog wheel, then battery settings. Will I see AGM, or will it be referred to as another type of AGM battery and with that said, is this the only preset I should changed? I really do not have to set other types of presets? Thanks

2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

From memory, there are two AGM settings, marked Victron. Use the second normally.

2 |3000