question

ag1 avatar image
ag1 asked

Blue Smart Charger App functions

Hello,

I just purchased the device for its capabilities of logging its data to a mobile app over bluetooth.

I am really dissatisfied by the lack of relevant functionality of the mobile application. I would expect a charger application to display more than just the current voltage and current. Most important would be the capacity in Ah charged during the cycle and total duration time. Such information is critical for detecting battery quality issues or identify bad batteries.

The graph section is disappointing if not completely deceiving. I expected to see real values plotted over time there and not just a big icon with the charging stages which tells nothing but the current state of the charging.

Now, being just software, this could be improved and could be nothing to worry about.

Is there any roadmap to add such critical battery charging data like capacity and a real graph?

charger
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

magictricky avatar image magictricky commented ·

I'm also dissapointed.

I'm struggling to find instructions on this and the only way of checking the battery level is when it is actually plugged into the mains and only for the two together.

Surely, although using a small bit of current, it would be more beneficial to have the app tell you the state of the battery so you can see when it needs charging??

Another charger on the market does just that. Shows you the battery status when off of charge.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ magictricky commented ·

Hi, you wrote:

> Surely, although using a small bit of current, it would be more beneficial to have the app tell you the state of the battery so you can see when it needs charging?? Another charger on the market does just that. Shows you the battery status when off of charge.

That would be a nice feature; but a major change in the hardware design; and increase its costs as well. We have other products that can monitor battery status. Sorry, but this is just how it is.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi; yes for sure we are working on improvements. Todays functionality is extremely basic; I agree.

Graphs as well as historic data aka statistics is being worked on. And also having configurable charge parameter settings

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Peter Polz avatar image Peter Polz commented ·

yess ...thumbs UP

0 Likes 0 ·
xypherdyne avatar image
xypherdyne answered ·

I just purchased a Blue Smart Charger IP65 and am dissapointed in the lack of my ability to review the charge data. The Victron advertisement indicating that graphical data is available is very deceiving.

Is there so little memory available internal to the blue smart charger that you cannot sample and save the current and voltage values over a couple weeks and then provide this data to the mobile app?

andrew

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic