question

ricketysmurf avatar image
ricketysmurf asked

Timing adjustments

Currently I have a 10K Victron Energy with a Blunova 12.4KvA battery, 40 panels in two sets, one set are 260 watts and the second set is 360. Regulator for each bank of panels. Currently the system is set to switch over to the local supplier if the battery is not full at 5pm, purely to top up the battery to 100%. This is as requested initially, however our situation has changed and we can now control the geyser manually as and when required.

2 Questions.

1. I have been advised that we should not run the geyser from the battery as it damages the battery over time.

2. How do I remove the setting where the battery is being topped up in the evening as this is no longer necessary.

Note, the way the installation has been done any device intelligence has not been put in place as we run mains to the garage where the Inverter, regulators and battery are housed downstream from a DB board with surge protectors. The power is then sent to the existing DB board in the house with surge protection.

Thanks for any advice in advance.

Andy Smith

Hot Water Diversion
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered Ā·

The battery has no idea what the load is and is designed to deliver its power irrespective of what is using it, so that is nonsensical advice and can be ignored.

Geysers are a fairly consistent load and donā€™t even switch in/out with any regularity.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered Ā·

re timing, there are different ways this could be done. I suspect it may be configured via ESS schedules which will be configured via the GX, settings, ESS menu. If it is there you can just remove/disable the relevant schedule.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic