question

jbakuwel avatar image
jbakuwel asked

Feature request VRM: re-login needed at inconvenient time

Hi all,

I've been caught a number of times now when I need to check on a power system while away from the office (and using my phone) being informed that I need to re-login. While I appreciate VRM being security conscious, this is also rather annoying as I store my (difficult) passwords in a password manager on computers in the office. In other words I don't know any of the passwords I'm using; I know the one difficult password I need for my password manager - that I do not have (and do not want) on my phone. I know I could store all my passwords in the cloud too, but that's not me :-)

Since VRM knows when it's time to ask for a re-login, it would be nice if VRM would send a (or maybe a few) reminder email(s) in advance that I'll have to re-login soon so I'm not caught out while in the field?

thanks,
Jan

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hey Jan, how are you? Nice to hear from you!

What you’re asking is perfectly possible ofcourse; we’ll keep it in mind.

But you’ll have to be quite patient since the work list ; including small things ; is really long at the moment.

Nr of users benefitting from this is quite small I’d expect.

I’m quite phone centric and having passwords on my computer only would be quite a hassle!

Why not use a password manager that only decrypts client side? Wrt cloud sync: there are ones that for free offer self hosting

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.