question

astrayan avatar image
astrayan asked

MPPT 100/50 Bluetooth goes wonky after update

After seeing the "instant" readout appearing on my other 2 MPPTs, after updating them, I thought now was the time to ditch my Epever MPPT.

I thought once you'd found a phone/tablet that Victrons communicate with, you'd be set for 2-3 years, until the tablet blew up. But apparently, bluetooth compatibility is just random. After updating the new MPPT using a new Samsung A8 tablet, it now only gets to 95% and can't fetch the data. It still works on my ZTE phone and 9 year old Samsung, but it's not the effect I was looking for.

The bluetooth must get through the metal case somehow. Does it use one of the wires? Is there anything I can meddle with, to change the frequency?

MPPT ControllersVictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
astrayan avatar image
astrayan answered ·

Apparently, this matter has been partly investigated in a variety of Victron devices. It's a legit problem with some power conservation mode, but no workaround, except buying another random tablet.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/146310/victronconnect-v571-pairing-issues-with-samsung-ga.html

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi

We have identified a problem with the Samsung Tab A8 and the next VictronConnect release should fix the issue.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000