question

wattsup33 avatar image
wattsup33 asked

Bluesolar 75/15 with USB directly into Home Assistant?

I have a Raspberry Pi 4 with Home Assistant (HASIO), running off a 12 volt deep cycle battery, charged by a Victron Energy BlueSolar 75/15. I have the USB cable from the Victron, and plugged it in to the Pi4.

I cannot see any addins that can use the Victron data. I can see that there are links on the internet discussing installing Venus on a Raspberry Pi, but this requires me to run another Pi. I want to avoid purchasing, supporting, and powering another Raspberry Pi.

Is there a way that I can install something directly onto the Pi4 running HASSIO to grab the data from the BlueSolar device USB cable? Any code that I can implement myself?

I do have a spare Pi 3b+ and tried to burn the Venus image to it, just to see what that offers, but it does not boot, just shows the coloured screen and halts. That Pi is fine, was running Pihole and then HASIO relatively recently.

Venus OShome assistant
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack answered Ā·

In the download section of Victron you will find the VE.Direct protocol and the you can grab the data from the serial port, since it is streamed.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron Venus OS Open Source intro page

Venus OS GitHub (please do not post to this)