question

bekenbuilt avatar image
bekenbuilt asked

GX 70 monitor placement? How often do you use your touchscreen?

I am building a Mercedes Sprinter campervan with an extesive Victron system which includes solar and a second alternator. I am also using a Tank 140 to monitor my fresh water and grey water tanks. I am trying to figure out a good place for the GX 70 touch screen.

Once your Victorn system is set up... how often do you realistically use your touch screen?

I was thinking about mounting it inbetween my sun visors in the front of the vehicle so I can glance at it while sitting in the drivers seat to monitor my tanks.

I'm under the impression that I can set everything up via the Victron app on my iPhone so I'm just not sure how accessable it needs to be.... Can you perform all of the same functions on an ipad or iphone as you do on the GX touchscreen?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

touchscreen
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@bekenbuilt

No you dont need the screen. Phone/laptop or tablet works fine as the console if you need to see or to change anything.

It is nice to have though. You can get the touch 50. Smaller and cheaper.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bekenbuilt avatar image
bekenbuilt answered ·

Does the iphone app show water/ grey water tank levels?

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Cerbo_GX/en/accessing-the-gx-device.html

Your Phone/Tablet shows exactly the same as the GX Touch.

1 Like 1 ·
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

I find I rarely ever use the touch screen. I use node red dashboard almost exclusively. My wife however prefers the touchscreen.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic