question

David avatar image
David asked

VE Config 4v min off set in Inverter tab DC shutdown to Restart

We see that there is a 4 v minimum offset between DC shutdown and DC Restart in the Inverter Tab in VE Configure. For un-managed lithium batteries, the only way to accommodate this 4v offset is to have a very low shutdown voltage (eg 47v) and/or a very high restart (eg 51v). This is sometimes outside the battery suppliers specification (eg: SimpliPhi). Is it possible to have less than 4v offset when Lithium battery type is selected? For example 2v offset?

VEConfigure 3
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi David,

See this discussion here about the same issue:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/1366/feature-request-allow-dc-input-low-restart-voltage.html

The development team is aware of this, but involves several moving pieces in firmware and software so we can't make the change overnight without other potential implications.

I personally hope that it will be addressed soon, as I have had the same issue with my own installations.

We will have to be patient!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic