question

salva avatar image
salva asked

Remote VEConfigure & Firmware update missing

Hi there,

One of my systems is not displaying the VEConfigure & Firmware Update buttons as well as reporting limited information of the Venus GX as shown below. Do you know the reason?

VEConfigure 3
1545038979279.png (52.3 KiB)
1545039088426.png (21.6 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Can you confirm the remote VEConfigure requirements have been met?

• Venus OS v2.17 or later

• System must connected to internet and communicating to the VRM Portal.

• Two way communication must be enabled

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

markus avatar image markus ♦♦ commented ·

I think, the last suggestion from Guy is gold ;o)

That was the reason why this was missing in first place in my case.

0 Likes 0 ·
salva avatar image
salva answered ·

Effectively, I have now access to these features after enabling the the two way communication. Thanks Guy Stewart.

1 comment
2 |3000

Thanks for reporting back. Good to hear it’s working

0 Likes 0 ·
vicrvusr avatar image
vicrvusr answered ·

To add to this, in version 2.60 (maybe others also) the way to get to VRM two-way communication from the Device List is Settings -> VRM online portal -> VRM two-way communication:vrm-onlineportal-twowaycomm.jpg This seems to be a different location than the linked instructions state (it says "Two way communication enabled (see Settings → Services on the GX device) " at this link: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/vrm_portal:remote-veconfigure.

I ran across this yesterday, when replacing an inverter the remote configure went missing.

2 comments
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

@VicRVUsr This question is more than 2 years old and already successfully answered.

0 Likes 0 ·
vicrvusr avatar image vicrvusr Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Please note I updated the answer with relevant information for newer versions of Remote Console. The Victron website I linked to is incorrect, the menu structure has changed. I found this question performing a search on the issue I was having and believe it was better to address it here than to make a new thread.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic