question

joolster avatar image
joolster asked

Newbie VRM dashoard question - what is ... ?

This is probably a dumb newbie question but I cant find the answer!

1. What does this icon represent? Given the various examples I've seen, I am guessing it represents an 'ESS' and all the kit that comprises the ESS (for example in my 3ph system - 3 multi IIs and a Cerbo GX)?

screenshot-2023-02-11-at-134401.png

2. What does External control mean? I've found a few references to the phrase but none make sense (unless somehow it is someone logged into the portal and controlling it that way)?

Answers most welcome!

thanks.

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
1234enough avatar image
1234enough answered ·

The big blue thing with lines going in/out is ya inverter, external control means something external of inverter is controlling parameters- for instance if you have a bms that is talking to inverter, this would control charge / discharge

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1234enough avatar image
1234enough answered ·

Can't recall if ESS assistant would also be classed as external control?

2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@joolster

You see External Control when a smart can connected battery is installed. (So any of the supported batteries)

And also when other programs control the system (those guys who interface with other systems and controls).

@1234enough is correct the blue box is the inverter.

2 |3000