question

tommy avatar image
tommy asked

Can I connect a BMV-700 with a VE-direct cable AND a VE.Direct Bluetooth Smart dongle at same time?

I have a BMV-700 and a smart solar MPPT connected to a RPi or to a VE.Direct Bluetooth Smart dongle.

I use to switch between VRM portal and local BT connections depending on if I am in my RV or on distance. Can I instead of dragging out and switch the cables from the BMV and MPPT, cut the VE-direct cable and the VE.Direct Bluetooth Smart cable and merge them?

Sharing one connector into BMV, split the cable into two where one go to the BT part and one goes to the RPi via USB?

Sharing one connector into MPPT, split the cable into two where one go to the BT part and one goes to the RPi via USB?

Stupid? If so, please apologize!

BMV Battery MonitorMPPT SmartSolarVE.Direct
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Unfortunately you can only connect 1 device to a VE Direct port.

However, you can use your GX and VRM to Connect & Configure Remotely in the Latest VictronConnect Update

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

VE.Direct protocol FAQ

Victron BMV battery monitors product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic