question

syed avatar image
syed asked

Number of smart solar in parallel

Hi
Can I connect 300KWHr 48 V LiFePO4 Battery bank to 16 units of Smart Solar 200-48 all in parallel to charge the bank from 90KWp of solar panel? how this can be connected to any XXGX? The inverter connected to the Battery Bank will.be 3XQuattro8000

charge controller compatibility
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Hi Syed,

Well a CCGX can only take about 4 to a max of 10 smart solar devices so you have way to may for that I would think, these are all added to a USB hub but from memory this will just overload the CCGX and the Processor will stall.

( I maybe wrong here re the above)

So maybe the best way is to use a Dedicated BMV712 and you will need a 2000 amp shunt and put all the solar through that and turn DC power option on in the CCGX as this may then give you a consoldated power input.

there maybe other ways but 90KW and 16 Mppt units is a large bank and a lot of amps even at 48 volts

just my thoughts, sorry I dont have anything better to offer

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Big system Syed. In my humble terms, massive..

I note that there's a new GX box hit the literature, a 'Maxi GX'. https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:start

No pic, but at "600 x 380 x 210 mm" it's a bigun, 25 VE.Direct ports. Availability unknown to me.

That said, a system of that size really demands attention by a Victron expert, perhaps speak to the head honcho in your country. There are a number of things that could impact design decisions, right down to the length of comms cables.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic