question

robertc avatar image
robertc asked

Modbus data for solarcharger "Yield today" do not respect timezone maybe?

I'm pulling data from Cerbo via Modbus periodically. Timezone is set correctly but the solarchargers ( I have 3 ) Yield Today fields (modbus address 784) is reset to zero during the evening few hours before the midnight, my timezone is set correctly (Czech Republic GMT+1.) Technically there's not issue as there's no sun in the evening, but my external dashboard is showing then 0kWh. I'm not sure if this is normal behaviour, but I'd just expect the data to be reset during midnight so it's technically correct as it's called Yield Today. Do you please have any clarification about that? Thank you.

Modbus TCP
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Thats correct. The data comes from the MPPT itself, which is not aware of any time or timezone.

It looks at sunset and sunrise to calibrate its internal “clock”.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

robertc avatar image
robertc answered ·

Thanks for the explanation.

2 |3000

Related Resources