question

colin-1 avatar image
colin-1 asked

How to manually turn of the charger in a multiplus.

I have a Multiplus II, Cerbo GX, ET112 grid meter, MPPT charger and 5kW lithium battery installation. All works extremely well and by midday the battery is 100% charged. I have Optimised with Battery life selected and allow a discharge down to 60%.

On a normal day the battery starts discharging at about 16:00 when the sun starts getting low. By midnight the battery reached 60% and grid power kicks in for the rest of the night until the solar starts charging again and the cycle continues.

The problem arises when we have 2 to 4 hours of load shedding between midnight and when the sun comes up. We have this almost every night. The problem is that the battery then discharges down to 45-50%. As soon as the grid comes back the battery recharges back to 60% using grid power. This is actually quite a good feature as it will ensure that the battery is back to 60% in case there is a further grid outage. However even at 45% I have plenty of reserve battery to see me through to the next solar charging cycle. I therefore don't want the grid to be used for charging back to 60%. I want the battery to remain at 45-50% and then recharge once the sun comes up using solar. I have plenty of solar capacity to recharge from 50% to 100% during the day.

One way to solve this is to manually turn the charger off. There may be times (extended overcast weather) when grid charging may be required. Is there a quick way to turn the charger on/off either via VRM or the Control Panel? I have seen how this can be done by using the charge current control assistant. But I want to be able to do it remotely.

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

VRM dashboard, to the right of local time is a link that looks like a couple of sliders. As long as you're in real time updates that shows and will allow you to turn the multip on/off/charger/inverter.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.