question

jakudo avatar image
jakudo asked

How do I get full access of my installatino

Hi,

a company install a whole Victron system for me, however, they didn't give me a full access. At first they did and after few days, they changed it to only "Monitoring".

SInce I'm not really happy with the company and it's quite difficult to reach them, is there any possibility, how can I Get the full access by myself?

I also plan to expand the installation next year (with different company of course), so I need the full access.

Any idea of how to do that?

Thanks a lot,

Jakub

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Chad Heiser avatar image
Chad Heiser answered ·

If you are talking about VRM access, then only people with full access to the system can change the access level of other users. If your installer has full access and they changed your access to read only, there is nothing you can do to get full access back. Your only option is to get your installer to grant you full access again. If/when they do, you need to go in and either change their access to read only or remove their access completely so they don’t change yours again.

If you can’t get your installer to change your access back to full access, there are ways on the back end that Victron can change things. This however will require you to go through a Victron distributor and have them contact Victron directly. The distributor will need some information about your system and some way to verify you actually own/possess it. This can be a tedious process.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jkmann avatar image
jkmann answered ·

Depending on the device you should be able to do a factory reset on the device or a firmware update, but this isn't always a beginner-level procedure. Keep asking the old company for the password, and then if they won't provide it, let the new company do the updates and reset the passwords.

2 |3000

Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi, can you contact the company that installed/sold your products and ask them to give you full access? Sometimes they do this to prevent users from modifying the settings. But remember, If you have full access, and you do modify parameters and then the system is not working properly, it is your responsibility.

2 |3000

jakudo avatar image
jakudo answered ·

Hello all,

thanks a lot for the information provided.

Finally I reached the company yesterday (it took me few weeks to reach them) and they promised to give me the full access after new year (their technician is on vacation). So I hope they give it to me. After that I will delete them because as I mentioned in my original question, I'm not satisfied with their work.

Since I'm not gonna change anything (don't need to), I should be safe :)

2 |3000