question

bbart49 avatar image
bbart49 asked

2fa via sms

Hi there several years ago my mobile network provider went out of business and well It totally slipped my mind that I had my victron account 2fa to my mobile phone number

and as I never had to use it all that often I never turned off the 2fa before the number was made redundant

however I have noticed alot of questions about this issue as they are same as me not being able to login to my account without entering the code weather it be a token or sms code

I would receive with my phone when I did what to log in

the answers are several months old at this point and was wondering is there a solution yet or will I only be able to connect to my system via the victron connect app through the Bluetooth connection?

To be clear I had my email as my 2fa first it was to slow to receive the email so I changed it to sms and I have not used the authentication version ether

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @bbart49,

I’ll send you an email about this.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

We've added a feature to allow end-users to reset their 2FA. When trying to log-in, after entering the password, below the 2FA box there is an option to "Reset 2 Factor Authentication";

image-2.png

image-2.png (24.4 KiB)
2 |3000