question

chang14 avatar image
chang14 asked

Battery low when mains are off

Hi forum, I have 4 new lead acid 12v 150Ah batteries connected to my Multiplus 48/3000/35, mains led on green and float led on Orange GXCC says battery 100% @ 58.7V And the bottom switch on 1.

When the mains is off, the battery low led comes on and GXCC says battery @ 49.78V. So I can’t use AC1 or AC2

Can someone explain if this is expected or have I done something wrong.

low battery warning
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

Get a MK3 USB cable and connect to a laptop (Windows or Mac OS) and install VictronConnect. From there, you can check the programming of the Multi. 49.8 volts seems a little low with a recent full charge and low or no load but should still allow the Multi to function.

Measure the voltage of each battery to see if there is one that has a lower voltage than the others. Could be bad or just not fully charged.

Generally, when you series connect batteries, they should be at the same state of charge before connecting them in series. Any imbalance could create issues. If you have not done this already, disconnect your batteries and use a 12 volt charger to bring each one to full charge.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic