question

si-mon avatar image
si-mon asked

Cerbo Gx will now not power on after swapping positions on my power bar

Hi

My Cerbo GX was working but, after switching off and back on it no longer powers up

I have checked the fuse and checked the power to the unit with a DVM at the pin so I know the cable is supplying power.

I popped it out onto a DC bench power supply, when I connect it it sounds like there is a relay closing inside, but doesn't draw any current?

Does anyone have any idea's?

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@Si Mon

Please see this thread: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/155994/cerbo-gx-capacitor.html

On first glance (looking at the serial number) it looks like your Cerbo is also affected and you need to have it replaced under warranty by your supplier.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

si-mon avatar image
si-mon answered ·

Thank you Stefanie, after reading the thread this makes sense why it is no longer working! I feel a bit frustrated that this isn't clearly stated (or stated anywhere) in the user manual, it's also not on the downloadable manual's page. I bought my unit from someone on ebay who didn't use it in their project, so I don't have an easy way to replace it! Any idea's how I move forward, or as its 2nd hand (but unused), am I just in the hands of the ebay gods?

1 comment
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

There is a form here https://professional.victronenergy.com/support/ where you can submit the serial number and be notified who the distributor is. You can return it to them for replacement.

1 Like 1 ·
si-mon avatar image
si-mon answered ·

Just had another Cerbo GX arrive with serial number 2215, put the 100V 100uF as described in the note, tested it with a bench power supply which was fine, plugged it into my 48V system and switched it on, that was another one that now doesn't work!

I am turning that to Amazon, and have ordered another, what does anyone suggest??? I'm thinking of a 48v to 12v converter which seems a bit rubbish when these should take up to 70Volts!

2 |3000