question

tomashubelbauer avatar image
tomashubelbauer asked

Is it possible to "backfill" local on-device data from an MPPT to VRM once connected?

Hi, I have been using my Victron MPPT for a while now and I have recently bought a Cerbo and added remote monitoring using VRM. Everything works well but I noticed the VRM portal only started showing data in its graphs in the Advanced section's widgets starting with the time I added the MPPT to the Cerbo GX. Since I have been using the MPPT for longer, there is already a couple of weeks of data on its local storage. I assumed this data would sync to VRM on first use, but that doesn't seem to have happened. Can I make this happen somehow so that VRM shows all of the data including the data stored on the MPPT locally that was there before I connected it to the Cerbo?

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
tomashubelbauer avatar image
tomashubelbauer answered ·

I have found an answer in a bit of an oblique way. I was finding out how to enable and disable streetlight with Cerbo GX remotely. I found that one needs to turn on VRM two-way connect and once that's done, the devices connected to the Cerbo GX will appear in the VictronConnect app in the VRM tab and then the Devices tab and I can get access to the historical data there.

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/VictronConnect_Manual/en/victronconnect-remote--vc-r----configuration-and-monitoring-via-vrm.html

This is a bit different from what I asked for - to have that data in the VRM portal online, but at the time of asking I didn't realize the integration is supposed to and can work this way with the two-way comms. This is actually much better.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.