question

wobby-bomack avatar image
wobby-bomack asked

Which bench charger to rebalance Life batt?

13.4v at terminals but no Bluetooth and quattro won't charge, low battery led, red and blue led on ve BMS. It must be one cell low. Victron say must use BMS charger but that's what is stopping charge. what option do I have?

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Wobby Bomack

This part of the manual may be of interest to you.

Although your battery is above 13v so a really large cell imbalance seems unlikely? Unless they have been worked hard.

Are tou sure the bms is talking to the inverter correctly?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wobby-bomack answered ·

thanks, I don't have a USb to get quattro settings, BMS is fine with other batt. Light use only, 3 months old and not discharged past 60 SOC. Agreed v suggests batt ok but Bluetooth gone, failure not common but might be?

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Wobby Bomack

How was it programmed? Or who programmed the system then? There are some specific things that need to be checked/set up for the victron bms to work with the inverter system.

There is a last resort option to re initialise the bluetooth in the manual.Not first in place for troubleshooting as it seem more like your system is not programmed correctly.

0 Likes 0 ·
wobby-bomack answered ·

My system was installed by an RV builder, they don't appear on victron dealer map but these aren't low end, £100k plus. It appears an appropriate system installed well but as far as quattro settings I don't know. I don't see a victron engineer within 100's miles of me, the RV co is a days drive and hotel away. I'd be happier with a USb dongle since installer doesn't have an idea what's up. In fairness they are helpful, just I'm wheelchair depending and trips to try to solve are significantly more arduous.

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Wobby Bomack

If your system has a GX and is online it can be checked over the internet. So remote help is possible.

If you read the manual for the ve bus bms v2 the red light means a c ell or temperature is high. So it will possibly be refusing charge, and more charging wont help.

screenshot-20221101-220507.jpg

So which bms do you have?

0 Likes 0 ·
wobby-bomack answered ·

It doesn't make sense so I'm tending towards hardware failure, however unlikely I can't explain symptoms. Until I understand I won't buy a new battery these are not cheap. I would expect robustness from such high cost gear

2 comments
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Surely at 3 months, the warranty is still in effect, but like @Alexandra says, needs a proper check.
1 Like 1 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Seconded, if unhappy that is warranty claims are a thing
0 Likes 0 ·
wobby-bomack answered ·

sorry missed reply. I can do that I guess. I've a mk3 usb coming also. It's all ve.bus MK2 with screen. I would have hoped this and battery would not have let a cell go high. I'll look today also maybe I can screenshot settings, I didn't realise I could do so much.

2 |3000