question

jaro2k avatar image
jaro2k asked

Independent parallel ESS systems to see each other

I have 2 independent parallel ESS systems (each has it's own battery+MPII+venusGX) hooked on separate phase L1 and L2 of 3-phase power in the house. They both share the same smart-meter located at the input from the grid.

Both systems are connected via AC-in.

All works fine except that none of these systems sees each other.

Q: Is it possible to make them aware of each other so VRM dashboard will show 2 MPIIs with the energy flows so I don't need to switch from one dashboard to another to have an overall view?

I would expect something similar what I see when I configure Fronius inverter in PV-inverter section of remote console.

Thanks for advice.

multiplus in parallel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@jaro2k

You can configure them 120° out from each other. Connected to the two phases. One GX and battery bank, so one system on the VRM.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jaro2k avatar image
jaro2k answered ·

I have 2 different DIY battery packs so I need to keep them separated. Can I connect them anyway?

2 |3000