question

ojessie avatar image
ojessie asked

Canable alternatives?

I'm looking for alternatives to Canable Can to USB adapter because Canable Pro is out of stock. I read all the info from Kevin @Kevin Windrem about compatibility with his script and the info from Venus. As I'm not a developer it would be appreciated to keep it simple. My question is someone having experience or even could recommend this product?
MS123 | Innomaker USB to CAN Convertor | RS (rs-online.com)
usb2can/USB2CAN UserManual v.1.8.pdf at master · INNO-MAKER/usb2can (github.com)

I need to connect my Victron Skylla to Venus on my Respberry PI 4.

Thank you.

VE.Can
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Rob Duthie avatar image Rob Duthie commented ·

As per Kevins comments yes use the GS USB loaded firmware interface and it works automaticaly I have those interfaces in stock as i pre prgram with the gsusb firmware for clients here in NZ

Regards

Rob D

NZ

0 Likes 0 ·
ojessie avatar image ojessie Rob Duthie commented ·
Hi Rob, thanks for your help. But from NZ to Austria it's a bit a distance.

Br, Otto

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
ojessie avatar image
ojessie answered ·
Just got my Innomaker USB to CAN ... and yes! it worked just out of the box.

Thanks!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

Looks like this is a gs usb interface so should work. id select the custom gs usb template I VeCanSetup

2 |3000

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

You don’t necessarily need to use VeCanSetup if this is your only interface. It should work plug-and-play with Venus OS 2.90 or newer. You just can’t name the interface which probably is not necessary it just one interface.

1 comment
2 |3000

ojessie avatar image ojessie commented ·
Thanks for your help. Highly appreciated.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic