question

Michael avatar image
Michael asked

Cerbo GX & Several MPPT controllers

I've installed 7 MPPT controllers and configured them on a smart network. The cerbo GX will not show them on the touch 50 screen. I've read that I could wire them using the VE.Direct wires but that's a lot of extra wiring and the cerbo only has 4 ports one of which I'm using for the BMV.

Could I use some device to make the Cerbo GX VE.Direct port run a VE.Connect Bluetooth adopter? USB might be an option too but what have others done? Why have a smart network when only the BMV uses it?

MPPT Controllerscerbo gxVE.Direct
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

If you run out of VE.Direct ports on the CerboGX then you'll need to use USB ports with USB-VE.Direct dongles for each MPPT. If you run out of USB ports on the CerboGX then you can use a USB hub.

VE.Smart networking does not carry all the information that VE.Direct does. You can see that when connected to a BMV it is only getting a few values.
VE.Smart networking is very low bandwidth and is designed for small systems where there is no Cerbo.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.