question

dariogaregnani avatar image
dariogaregnani asked

Multiplus compact 12-1600 not charging from grid

Hi! I’ve connected a Multiplus compact 12/1600/70 to a lifepo4 310Ah. Everything works well, except the grid charging. I only have been able to charge for test the first time I connected the Multiplus. Since then, nothing more from grid. The inverter works, the priority circuit works. But no charging. Appears directly a floating status and no amps to the battery. Anyone has ideas? Thanks!

battery chargingmultiplus ve.bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
dariogaregnani answered ·

This was the first test when I connected everything.

ea6ffe9c-4eea-4a5f-8859-10726e9862cd.jpeg

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mondeoman avatar image
mondeoman answered ·

Maybe the battery voltage is high enough and the battery does not need more charging as per the charging settings of the Multiplus. What's the battery voltage? What are the Absorption and Float voltage settings?

Battery voltage needs to drop below Float minus Re-Bulk Offset to start another charging cycle.

For LiFePo4, Re-Bulk offset is 0.2V

2 |3000

dariogaregnani answered ·

Hi, now is around 13.05v, slightly charging from solar. But I tried also with battery around 12.40v, nothing happened. At this moment still at factory settings.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VictronConnect VE.Bus charging manual