question

willh avatar image
willh asked

Multiplus 2 3000/120v version AC wiring..

New owner of a Victron Multiplus 2 48/3000, it is the North American 120v version. I was a little taken off guard with the push in AC connectors, was not expecting this feature. I was hoping to use smaller wire than 6awg, will these connectors work properly with varying wire/cable gauge? For example I had planned to use 10awg cable and appropriate circuit breaker for in and out 1 connections. The inverter will be used in an off grid cabin where the load center is 30 total amps. Seems silly to use 6AWG in such a case. AC in will be a 2000w generator used for battery charging only, power assist will be disabled.

In summary:

1) Will these push in AC connectors happily accommodate varying gauges? Is there a range to be respected?

2) Will these connectors work with solid/non stranded wire? If not what is the required stranding?

Appreciate any of your comments, have scoured the internet and there is very little information to be found on this. Can't say I am particularly fond of these connectors so far, hopefully that will change.

Thanks

Multiplus-IIwiringconnection issue
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

Yes, these connectors will accommodate a range of wire sizes, with 6awg being the largest. Stranded or solid will work, and a small ferrule can be used with fine stranded wire (flex) if needed. 10awg should be ok.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources