question

woodzza avatar image
woodzza asked

Mecer M3000 Lithium Battery BMS and Cerbo GX

I have the following devices:

1. Multiplus II 48/5000

2. Cerbo GX

3. Mecer 3000 lithium battery (manual attached - I believe this is an oem / rebranded Pylontech 3000)

I am struggling to get the battery to show in the list of devices when I connect to the Cerbo; I have used both RJ45 cable types as supplied with the battery from the CAN IN on the battery to the BMS-Can port on the Cerbo; with a terminator in the second BMS-Can port.

The status on the BMS-Can port indicates 2 packets are transmitted to the port every few seconds; but there are no errors and nothing received back. Any suggestions or ways to trouble shoot the comms?

Mecer-M3000-User-Manual-20200323.pdf

cerbo gxBMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Not sure you will get official support on an OEM battery, assuming it is.

Also, 4 are required to power a 5kVA MP2.

Nonetheless, follow this guide:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:pylontech_phantom

It states:

The battery with the empty link port 0 is the master battery. You must use the VE.Can to CAN-bus BMS type B Cable, part number ASS030720018 for connection with US2000/US3000/UP2500; and VE.Can to CAN-bus BMS type A Cable, part number ASS030710018 for connection with US2000C/US3000C/UP5000/Force-L, you cannot use the cable supplied by Pylontech.

Now it depends which it is, but they also provide the pinouts, so you could make your own.

There is much discussion on the subject of pylon and type A/B cables, which with a little searching should help.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

woodzza avatar image
woodzza answered ·

Thank you @nickdb .. the key here was :

"you cannot use the cable supplied by Pylontech"

Made a new cable and all is working as expected. Thank you sir.

2 |3000