question

mmhelms avatar image
mmhelms asked

VE.Bus System [276] - Low battery: Alarm

I have a system with a Cerbo GX, Quattro and AES Discover battery with the Discover Lynk communication device to the Cerbo GX. I also have two MPPTs charging the battery. All components are connected to the Cerbo GX.

The issue I'm having (as far as I can tell) is that when the battery reaches a low state of charge and the inverter shuts down, it enters a fault state and won't turn back on after the battery is charged. What I would like to happen is that the system automatically turns back on when the battery regains a charge.

I can turn the system back on by going into the Cerbo GX menu for the Quattro, then selecting 'advanced' and then 'system reset'. The inverter then starts up and inverts.

The only thing I could find in the menus to 'resolve' the issue is to disable the low battery alarm, which I've done. I don't know if this will have the desired effect? Is there a better way to configure the system?

low battery warning
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@mmhelms

Ideally you want to set the inverter to shut down before the batteries do. Then also set a system restart voltage. Same tab in ve config and victron connect ... The inverter tab.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mmhelms avatar image
mmhelms answered ·

Hi Alexandra, thanks for answering my question. I've included below the current VE Configure setting for the inverter. Are you referring to the the section 'shut-down on SOC' that's currently not checked? So you're suggesting that I have the inverter shut down at say 10% SOC and then restart at 15%? Do these seem like reasonable numbers? Again, I have a Discover lithium battery in this system. Thanks for your help!

ve-configure-inverter-tab.png

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic