question

eschulman avatar image
eschulman asked

Solar panel are coming with 42v

d1773fac-ef23-4598-9c8f-cb6931eeb831.pngI bought an Rv coming with solar flex 200 and a victron controller 15 amp, the numbers not match with the expectation. The solar is 200w but the controller is showing always that is coming 42 v approx.

Is ok? Should be 24v? Or something is wrong

MPPT ControllersSolar Panel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
gainestr avatar image
gainestr answered ·

It sounds like you have two future solutions solar panels connected in series on your roof. Are you certain you don’t actually have the solar flex 400i system?

In any case, you probably have the Victron 75/15 SCC installed. It will allow you to have as much as 75v coming in from your solar panels and will automatically reduce it to your 12v batteries requirements. No need to worry about it but you really need to get up on that roof and double check how many solar panels you have up there. Grab a volt meter and figure out what’s going on.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Perfectly fine. Panels produce higher voltage than the batteries. You'll see the display has panel voltage and battery voltage. Battery voltage is almost reaching 14.4V, perfect under full charge conditions.

2 |3000

eschulman avatar image
eschulman answered ·

This part is fine, but what about of 42v how could be?

2 |3000

eschulman avatar image
eschulman answered ·

Is solar flex 200 but looks like someone install the wrong solar panel because not make sense 45v. The only option is it has 400 watts panel 24v connected in serie. But 200watts is strange to have this volt.

2 |3000

gainestr avatar image
gainestr answered ·

Get up on the roof and check the back of the solar panel to see it’s specs. I’m sure you will find that something is different from what you were told you have from what you actually have. It looks like your system is running fine so no need to really worry about this. But if it were me, I’d still want to know what equipment is actually installed.

2 |3000

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic