question

ken-hollingsworth avatar image
ken-hollingsworth asked

Multiplus 24/3000/70-50 charging question.

I initially set the charging current at 20 amps (240 volt) but was only getting about 1600 watt going into the batteries from my 10 kva generator. I changed it to 30 amps using the dip switches but it only increased to about 2000 watt so I then went up to the max 50 amp and it has stayed the same. The charging current is set at 100%. Is there something else that I need to do to get up towards 5000 watts going into the batteries. I would like to get the load on the generator up a bit.

I hope someone can help me in a simplistic way, I am comfortable using the dip switches. Thanking you, Ken

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Your Multi has a maximum charging current of 70A.

70A at 24V = around 1700W

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ken-hollingsworth avatar image ken-hollingsworth commented ·

My understanding from the manual and from when I bought it is that it has a maximum charging capacity from the PV array of 70 amp at 24 volt through the solar charge controller which when you look inside the box is a separate unit. The inverter part has a maximum charge capacity from mains power or a generator of 50 amps at 240 v0lt which I work out to be about 13,000 watts.

Ken

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ ken-hollingsworth commented ·
Do you have an EasySolar?

50A is the capacity of the transfer relay not charging current.

24/3000/70-50 = 24V battery voltage, 3000VA inverter power, 70A DC charging current and 50A AC transfer relay.

0 Likes 0 ·
ken-hollingsworth avatar image
ken-hollingsworth answered ·

Thanks for the information Matthias, I think it must be called an EasySolar, very hard to tell from all the manuals I have with it for each component but I guess it is a Multiplus 24/3000/70-50 with a MPPT 150/70 charge controller included in the blue box. I'll have to digest the information you have given me but looks like I am doing pretty good getting the charging power out of it that I am. I can live with that, actually it works quite well as when I need to charge the batteries the sun has not been out so I also can boost my solar hot water through the AC-2 outlet which draws about 2000watts so gets my generator working at about 50% load all told and the time frame to charge the batteries from about 50% to 100% is a good duration for the HWS boost.

Ken

2 |3000