question

vtecvfr avatar image
vtecvfr asked

Remote Start Generator - Cerbo GX

Has anyone set up a cerbo gx to be able to auto start a generator?

Wondering how this can be done and what generators would be compatible?

cerbo gxGenerator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Vtecvfr

Yes. Knowing what is available to you is more a local question though.

You dont only need one that can be digitally communicated with like the fisher panda. Some just need an on signal then an off signal, some need a latching signal. So it is best to talk to a local person for this question.

The cerbo just has relays to be wired upthat can be programmed how you want it to, but at the end of the day it is on or off.

Basically if it can autostart or remote start it can work; if it works with any GX like ccgx or venus it can work with the cerbo as well.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

cleaver avatar image
cleaver answered ·

I have mine setup to start and stop generator.

depending on what generator you have the setup and wiring change.

I installed 2 relays the send a timed pulse. one to start and one to stop generator.

Now I have a cummins P4500i and I had to modify the relays and install 2 relays in generator. because it has a on/off switch and a momentary button to start.

They do make digital boxes that do the job. but they are expensive.

2 |3000

ur12vman avatar image
ur12vman answered ·

I used this unit, very well made and versatile, they make a lighter version too. https://www.partsfortechs.com/asapcart/tg410-tough-series-digital-genset-control-dynagen-p-1511.html It takes the relay loop connection from the Cerbo and makes all the timer relay connections needed to start any generator. I am using a Northern Lights which requires a press and hold for glowplug, then crank switch, continue holding the glowplug, then release.

2 |3000

Trevor Bird avatar image
Trevor Bird answered ·

Hello @Vtecvfr , Have you read this Victron advise on this subject? https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Venus_GX/en/gx---generator-auto-start-stop.html

It is a very good guide.

2 |3000