question

victronvalhowell6283 avatar image
victronvalhowell6283 asked

What is the best wiring architecture for installing two Victron 330 ah lithium batteries?

My current gel batteries (12v) are all run individually to a common post vs a normal parallel daisy chain. I am switching to two 330ah Victron lithium batteries connected to a Lynx Smart BMS. I have seen this done with a Lynx distributor with each batter individually fused. This uses a mega fuse and I thought a Class T fuse was necessary to provide adequate AIC protection(2.0,000 amps)

in this case the BTV cables are daisy chained into the BMS.

can anyone comment on the pros and cons of mega fuse in the Lynx Distributor vs a Class T fuse?

battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@victronvalhowell6283

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/33698/mega-or-class-t-fuse-for-multiplus-dc-supply.html discusses and links some articles including the wiring unlimited that discusses fuse types.

The main purpose of the fuse is to protect wiring, under some conditions like cranking it needs to be a certain type. But in your case it is more for accidental shorting etc? So a Mega should be fine in the Lynx.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic