gbradleyviper asked

Samsung Galaxy A32 5G can not connect to MPPT's and BMV-712

Good day,

I have:

2 MPPT Victron SmartSolar 150/70 - Tr, 2 KW

1 BMV-712 Smart Battery Monitor

SmartBatterySense HQ21022N91R

Problem:

I had a Samsung Galaxy S6 and just up graded to a Samsung Galaxy A32 5G.

I installed VictronConnect onto the Samsung Galaxy A32 5G.

it can only connect to the SmartBatterySense HQ21022N91R via Bluetooth.

It can not connect to the BMV-712 nor the 2 MPPT’s via Bluetooth .

I have tried everything suggested in the community and nothing works. I have a Samsung PDA and it can still connect with all the units.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Guy Bradley

Bluetooth
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi @gbradleyviper

Can you please describe what happens when you try to connect?
Are the products visible, what does VictronConnect show, etc...

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
gbradleyviper avatar image
gbradleyviper answered ·

Sorry, I forgot that part.

All the units show up in VictronConnect. When I select any of the 3, it tries to connect and when it gets to 80% it asks for the password again. The title of the request is "Bluetooth pairing request". The description is "Enter PIN to pair with SmartBMV HQ20396S7LU (Try 0000 or 1234).

The password is the default 6 zero's. I have never changed any of the passwords.

After pressing the Pair button it then starts back at 1% with the progress bar and when it gets to 80% it comes back with the same dialog again asking for a password.

Interesting, if I don't enter anything and just wait, the dialog closes and the phone tries to pair after 30 seconds.

When I go to the phones Bluetooth section, the SmartBatterySense shows as paired. The SmartBMV shows as available device.

This is Android 11 and within the Bluetooth section there is no Forget. Only Unpair.

Thank you

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi

You could try 123456 as pincode. We have seen some devices where this was somehow set as pincode. If this pincode still does not work you can reset he pincodes using the PUK code. The procedure is described here: https://ve3.nl/VictronConnect_ResetPIN. After the reset, you should be able to connect using the "000000" default pincode.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

spambi avatar image
spambi answered ·

Thiemo,

I have an Inverter and Solar Panel of yours and am having the same issue as gbradleyviper, but with an iPhone13. When I bought my motorhome and paired my phone via your APP to the devices it was with an iPhone11. Having changed phones (and sold the old one) I cannot connect using the new phone. Although the APP is present and can see the devices, it gets to 80% and asks for the password again. Password reset does not work, and because the I do not have the original phone I cannot delete the pairing history!

The dealer has no idea, and I have had no response from you support line. Hoping for better luck here.

It seems to me that both devices need to be reset, but I cannot see a reset button, power on/off button or power lead. RTFM, some might say. I have, this situation is not covered in either devices' manuals - please help!

Simon

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Spambi

Have you tried using the puk number? Usually on a sticker somewhere on the device.

0 Likes 0 ·
spambi avatar image
spambi answered ·

No, but I will try. Tx.

2 |3000