question

williaty avatar image
williaty asked

Cerbo GX Compatibility with old Multiplus

Hello,

I have a small-brain Multiplus Compact 24/2000/50-50 120V. The original firmware label on the chip is 2018139C.VFF. I have upgraded the firmware to 2018209.VFF. With the Mk3USB, I don't have the ability to program the settings via Victron Connect but I can see the AC output power and adjust the shore power limits.

I would like to upgrade to a Cerbo GX from the old BluePowerPanel I currently have. In the CerboGX manual, I read the caution that "The earliest version of the VE.Bus devices which can be connected to the Cerbo GX is 19xx111 or 20xx111, which were released in 2007." I bought this Multiplus in early 2013, so I hope that counts as sufficiently after 2007! The firmware of 2018209 seems to match the pattern of "20xx111" in that the xxxx209 firmwares are a successor to the xxxx111 firmwares.

Can anyone confirm or deny that my old Multiplus is compatible with the Cerbo GX? It's fine if the Cerbo can't adjust the settings on the inverter (same as the limitation with Victron Connect) but I do need the Cerbo to see the AC output power and be able to adjust the shore power current limit.

Can anyone help?

cerbo gxmultiplus ve.bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
jacobjned avatar image
jacobjned answered ·

I strongly believe it should be compatible. Personally I haven't used 20xx series, but I have clients who have 19xx1xx firmware multi/quattro, and are working with GX Devices (namely Venus GX and Color Control GX). So I am quite confident it should work with the Cerbo GX.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources