question

jacques-c avatar image
jacques-c asked

Victron Multiplus Compact 24/2000 flashing lights

I have a victron multiplus compact 24/2000 and I had it inverting and it seemed fine, just testing it, then because I want to use it finally, I decided to configure it, I configured the mppt (also victron) no problem with a Bluetooth dongle and my phone, but for the inverter I had to use a mk3-usb and at the start I couldn't get it connected to VEConfig or VictronConnect, eventually I did a force detect on VictronConnect and I had to update the firmware, which I did, but when it finally updated it started flashing unusually, the green and yellow (inverter and charger lights) are flashing together, then the red (alarm) light flashes and they are alternating, this happened after I clicked force detection after the initial firmware update was interrupted, so after it fully updated (v494) the flashing started... I have since managed to enter VEConfig and set that up as I wanted, but, the lights are still flashing and I don't know what to do... I can now connect to it on VictronConnect app and it says State: Fault

firmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
jacques-c avatar image
jacques-c answered ·

Okay so I managed to solve the issue, I used VEFlash...I had tried installing different versions of the firmware, I tried 2618474.vff to no avail but in the end went with a non assistant firmware (2618159.vff) and it is back and inverting.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.