question

steven-solar avatar image
steven-solar asked

VE.Direct Cable Length

Hi there.

Situation: Battery, MPPT Smart Solar and Multi are in the barn, CCGX ist in the living room.

VE.Direct max. Cable length is 10 meters. Distance I have to build is 20-25 meters.

Any ideas? Maybe convert VE.Direct Protocol to CAN? Or just use some BUS Amplifiers such as 7406? (I am an eduacated electronic technician with no fear for soldering irons :-)

Or convert VE.Direct to any other Protocol such as TCP/IP? Wireless/ BT is no good idea because of some thick walls.

Thank you very much for helping!

Greetings

Steve

VE.Direct
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Anil Ghatikar avatar image Anil Ghatikar commented ·

It will be easier to put CCGX in Barn and use a Raspberry pi with LCD screen or spare PC/LAPTOP to access the CCGX through IP address ( wifi or ethernet per your choice)

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Bill avatar image
Bill answered ·

If you put the GX in the barn you could use a couple of these to "bridge" the network. They will traverse a very long distance if you have LOS. Nanostations -Bill

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

witia2807 avatar image
witia2807 answered ·

Hi everyone,

Has anybody tried to make this VE.Direct cable make longer via soldering extra wire??

I have to connect Cerbo with my MTTP and Multiplus,which are 40m between each other.
Schemat.jpg

I was thinking to just soldier sockets ST PH-2.0 4-pin

to a for example CAT6 cable??

Have any of you guys has experience??

schemat.jpg (54.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Related Resources