question

arothagon avatar image
arothagon asked

Cyrix fuse for emergency start - small doubt

Hi,

I am installing my Cyrix-ct 120 and the manual advises a 120 A fuse in series between the domestic battery and the relay. In case of emergency cranking of the engine with the domestic battery, a maximum current of 180 A for 5 s is admitted. Would't the 120 A fuse limit the current too much for emergency cranking? I am worried that this fuse, by bowing too early, would in fact render the emergency ranking feature useless. What do you think? How could we be sure that the maximum current is delivered?

Thank you very much for your hints!

fusesCyrix Battery Combiner
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

The intention is similar to jump starting one car from another in that you connect the jump cables between the two batteries and wait for the low battery to come up a bit before attempting to crank. This way, most of the cranking power is coming from the actual start battery rather than all of it coming from the house battery via a relatively small (120A) fuse and a small (120A) relay.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Product page Cyrix Battery Combiner