question

todd-w avatar image
todd-w asked

Victron setting Lithium batteries setup

I think honestly this is the most frustrated I have ever been with any DIY project I have ever done. To put is short I will pay someone for 30 minutes of their time to tell me what the proper settings are the the Inverter, Solar Charge Controller, Shunt and Remote Control Multiplus Panel. All I need is screen shots. Everything is brand new and works but I do not trust the settings I have put in. I will take texts of screen shots to 651-248-1941 and I will pay you for your time. Please someone help me and others and then I will make a video for YouTube so others have it also. Even if you only have info for one of the items please send screen shots or post them here.

I have the following:
1. Lithionics 315ah Battery
2. Victron 3,000 Multi Plus Invertor
3. Victron Smart Shunt 500A/50mv
4. Victron 100/50 Solar Charge Controller
5. Victron GX Display and finally
6. Victron Multi "Remote" Control 200/200A GX.

The final piece that put me over the edge was the Remote Control unit for the Inverter. I hooked up the RJ45 cable to it thinking it would turn on and all I get is the LED read out that I can adjust from 1 to 16. I don't get any other lights and switching between On and Charge Only no lights come on. The inverter is turned to the on position and nothing on the remote control.

Lithium Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
marekp avatar image
marekp answered ·

@Todd W

Start with watching the online training.

https://professional.victronenergy.com/online-training/

Registration is required but it is free.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

This would be why it isn't really a DIY product unless properly trained and experienced, hence why qualified installers are required.

It also pays to start with what is supported:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:start

I don't see those batteries there.

Doesn't mean they won't work, and much of the setup in these guides have common sections to them which could help you.

You really need to go to the "where to buy" list and get some qualified to help.

Support by forum on such complex systems can be a nightmare and isn't really what a community is for.

There is just not enough detail to even start.

So as the saying goes: RTM.

2 |3000

Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

The remote not working is probably in correct configuration of the inverter. There are dip switches that need to be set up to tell the inverter to respond to the remote.

For the Li Batteries, you only need to look at the data sheet for the battery, and to make sure that you set the max charging voltage to slightly less that the max allowed. Also make sure the minimum has a small offset added so the inverter cuts off before the battery reaches minimum.( about 100mV should do. Seeing as the battery has built in BMS, if you get to the limits the battery will turn off and the system will behave unpredictably.

2 |3000

Related Resources