question

rst avatar image
rst asked

Unfamiliar PV-inverter recognised by my Cerbo GX

I have set up a Cerbo GX with a BMV-712 via VE.direct. The 712 is wireless connected to my Smartsolar 100/50.

I understand I need to connect the MPPT to the Cerbo via VE direct as well but the distance is >10m.

Now my question. Why is there a Fronius PV-inverter showing in my VRM console? And the Watts? I have a total of 300W solar panels so the numbers showing are not relevant at all. I have removed the PV-inverter device from my setup but it returns.

screenshot-20211101-100235-chrome.jpg

cerbo gxremote console
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Daniel avatar image
Daniel answered ·

its on same network as your Cerbo, turn off auto scanning in PV menu on Cerbo and delete it.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rst avatar image rst commented ·

The question is what network... The wifi and Bluetooth are disabled. The Cerbo is behind a firewall. I have 3km to closest neighbour.

But yes, it helped. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
marekp avatar image
marekp answered ·

@RST

Why is there a Fronius PV-inverter showing in my VRM console? And the Watts?

Maybe you neighbor has a Fronius in his installation and your system connects to it by wi-fi.

8 comments
2 |3000

rst avatar image rst commented ·
Nope. Wifi disabled and Cerbo behind firewall. Closest neighbour 3km away. It seems it is picked up from somewhere on the Internet.
0 Likes 0 ·
marekp avatar image marekp rst commented ·
@RST

Do you have a power meter in your system?

0 Likes 0 ·
rst avatar image rst marekp commented ·
I have a BMV-712.
0 Likes 0 ·
@RST

I am asking about power meter that measures AC power.

0 Likes 0 ·

Ah, sorry. I have no AC. It is a 12V DC system only. Therefore my concern about the Fronius device showing up. However, I did as Daniel proposed.

0 Likes 0 ·
@RST

Turning auto scanning off solved this problem, but it is still very interesting where this Fronius was coming from.

0 Likes 0 ·
Exactly. How did that happen?!?
0 Likes 0 ·

@RST

Maybe your firewall is not as good as you think.

0 Likes 0 ·
rst avatar image
rst answered ·

Could be, but why only a sungle Fronius? There should be a number of devices out on the Internet. The IP range is local at least, how do Victron keep track of devices on the network?

2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi, its a curious issue :-).

what I would do myself is check what ip address the fronius is listed for; in this menu, see screenshot

And make sure the demo mode is not accidentally enabled, in settings -> general.

587d9864-a860-4102-9623-0d4130cadc30.jpeg

2 |3000

Related Resources