question

rkuch4133 avatar image
rkuch4133 asked

iOS 14.7.1 not seeing Bluetooth charger

I am unable to see the Victron charger on my Iphone 12 (14.7.1) bluetooth listing. I do see my unit in the Victron app. Unable to connect bluetooth, worked fine on my earlier iphone. Tried to change pin with 000000 and delete and downloaded app again to no avail.

Bluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi

It is true that the charger will not be visible in the Bluetooth menu until it is paired with the phone (so after a successful pincode entry). This is different than audio devices because the charger uses bluetooth low energy instead of "classic" bluetooth that audio devices use.

So when you selected the charger in VictronConnect, it tried to make a connection on a pin code popup appeared? And there you tried the pin code "000000"?

Did you change the pincode of the charger on the other phone? If so, then this is the pincode that needs to be used in VictronConnect.

If you did not change the pincode, please try to reset the pincode using the following procedure: https://ve3.nl/VictronConnect_ResetPIN . After resetting the pin, please try to connect again in VictronConnect and use "000000" as pincode.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.