question

zeric123 avatar image
zeric123 asked

Demo product control range settings is better than actual hardware product

Prior to purchasing the Blue-Smart IP65 12/15 product I tested the operation that I was interested in with the Demo mode product that is supplied in the Android application. I wanted to use the Power Supply mode set to between 12V and 12.5V to provide a lower battery limit to a battery bank that is normally topped up daily with a solar charge controller but on longer periods without sun I needed a AC backup to limit minimum battery voltage. The Demo allows me to set the voltage as low as 12.0V.

I recently purchased the product and when I went to set the actual product it limits minimum Power Supply voltage to 12.8V. Has anyone else run into this and did you find a work around. Is this a software/application bug?

I tried one work around of using the Demo mode to create a configuration file with 12.0V in the setting but the real product claims that the saved file is not for the IP65 product, so did not work.

Any help here would be appreciated,

Thx

Eric

ip65
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Looks like a bug in the app.

Maybe @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) should take a look.

1 Like 1 ·
2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

This was reported to the dev team yesterday and they've already confirmed it will be fixed one way or another - I'm not sure yet if the fix will be adjusting the Demo Product values upward to reflect the real settable limit via a VC update or if it'll be adjusting the real settable limit downward via FW update to reflect the Demo Product settings, but one way or another Victron is on it!

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

zeric123 avatar image zeric123 commented ·
I sure hope they extend the range of the hardware rather than limit the Demo. I certainly would be OK with 12.8V or higher as default and a advanced mode or notice to the user if set to a lower value but a 12.0V lower limit gives me much more application range to use the product. Thx
0 Likes 0 ·
Alex Pescaru avatar image
Alex Pescaru answered ·

Hi,

Maybe not the answer you expect and sorry for that, but 12V float voltage will mean for almost all batteries a state of charge of 50% or less.

In contrast, 12.8V will be barely enough to keep almost all types of charged batteries to a stable state of charge.

So 12.8V will be more suitable for what you need.

Alex

1 comment
2 |3000

zeric123 avatar image zeric123 commented ·

It could be true that 12.8V might be a good or better value but depending on application I would like to have the ability to lower to 12V. Of course having done the homework to see that the Demo would allow 12.0V I was unhappy to find that the real product cannot accommodate at this time. I hope they increase the range of the hardware rather than limit the Demo but at least future buyers will not be misinformed. Thx

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic