question

dcareri avatar image
dcareri asked

Skylla Ip65 in parallel. Cerbo doesn’t see both devices

I have two new Skylla IP65’s. When connected in parallel, VRM (and my Cerbo) don‘t always see both of them. Details below:

-on devices page in VRM the only one seen is the first of the two paralleled devices. If I change the cabling order it sees the ”new” first one but not the other

-on the firmware update screen in VRM it see both devices regardless of what order I have them cables in

-on the cerbo devices pages, the first device in the chain is seen, the other is shown as not connected

-I’m using all new Victron cables

-both cerbo and skyllas are running the latest firmware

Since the firmware update sees both devices all the time I assume (1) that cabling is not an issues , (2) the other screens have a bug, or (3) the expected behavior that only the first Skylla in the bus chain is shown?

can anyone shed some light?

Thanks

Skyllaip65
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Just to be sure, are they terminated correctly (on the Cerbo and on the last Scylla in the chain)?

0 Likes 0 ·
dcareri avatar image dcareri Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
Yes they are
0 Likes 0 ·
wjf avatar image wjf Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
@Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) With the 24V 35A Skylla IP charger, we have one that we can turn on, then it appears on VRM, and then it disappears and ceases to function/ charge etc. Would you have any ideas on why this is happening?
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @dcareri , this is by design. When configured witht the same device instance (which they should be when on the same bank) then they are shown as one.

Also you control them together, basically they are paralleled into one larger charger.

All the best, Matthijs

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dcareri avatar image
dcareri answered ·

Thanks so much for the definitive answer. Certainly makes sense to me that they are treated as one unit.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic