question

vannie avatar image
vannie asked

What is an appropriate low voltage disconnect with MP 12/3000?

Greetings,

I have 3x 100ah Battleborn batteries in my van and a MP 12/3000 inverter. I monitor them on the BMV-700. I have had a few instances where if my battery dips into the 35-50% range the inverter stops working. I believe this is related to the voltage in the battery bank. When it goes below I'm guessing ~12.5V the MP starts flashing the red "low battery" light.

I cook on an induction stove and also boil water on the 120v outlets. I don't want to push it, but if I know I am going to get in the car and drive and recharge via the Orion or be out in the sun and recharge via solar that day, I'd like to be able to use some of that last 100ah in my bank.

What are your thoughts on adjusting the low voltage auto shutoff for the inverter and how do I do it? Is there a number that is Ok to go down to without hurting the batteries for these instances? Many thanks,

Spencer

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerlow battery warning
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

The low voltage cut-off voltage should be in the datasheet of the battery.

The default setting of the MultiPlus for that is 9.3V.
(way to low for the most batteries)

Tho change that setting you will need a MK3 interface.
https://www.victronenergy.com/accessories/interface-mk3-usb

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

vannie avatar image vannie commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

Hard to find on the Battle Born site but it's here:

https://battlebornbatteries.com/setting-victron-multiplus-compact-battle-born-batteries/

low voltage shutdown is 11.5 volts.

Note that if you are using ESS, this setting is ignored and you need to use the Dynamic cutoff parameters set in the ESS assistant. email Battle Born for their suggested values. I'm sure they've been there before and they are usually quite helpful. You may also need to factor in voltage drop in cables at the higher currents.

1 comment
2 |3000

vannie avatar image vannie commented ·
Nice find! Thanks @Kevin
0 Likes 0 ·