question

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) asked

Venus OS v2.73~1 available for testing

Good day all,

As of just now, a new Venus OS version is available to be field tested. Its v2.73~1. In case you're wondering: yes, until today we were field testing v2.80, and this is going back a bit from that.

v2.73~1 builds on our current official version, v2.72. And contains a few improvements that we want to make available now, rather than wait until v2.80 is complete finished.

What to test?

This version fixes the issues with installing v2.80 on certain Venus GXes. For those affected by that, please test this fix: first update to v2.73~1. And thereafter try installing v2.80 again. For now, you'll have to do that last step manually, ie using a USB stick or SD-card. The files are available here. Please confirm if it now does work by adding a message below if this is now fixed for you - thank you! For those looking for v2.80~14 files for other GX devices, I have to ask for your patience. I don't have them here at the moment.

Check that the GX Touch keeps working properly, and see rest of changes.

How to post an issue?

Preferably all issues are organised as answers to this question. One answer per issue. So first check the existing threads. If you have the same as someone else already reported, welcome to add a comment saying "me too". And preferably some more details. And in case its not listed yet, add a new Answer. Note that Answers and Comments are two different things here on community.

Lastly, if possible please revert to v2.72, to double check if the issue you're seeing was present there as well. Regressions require a different treatment than other issues and bugs, and one of the first things that needs doing in triaging a report is distinguishing between the two.

The plan with v2.73

This is planned for official release next week.

Changes compared to v2.72:

• Fix issue causing Cerbo GX-es with a serialnumber below HQ2026 to be incompatible with newer GX Touches. In such case, the GX Touch display would flash at powerup and then remain off. Not anymore. Thank you Matthias for reporting & helping to fix this.
  • Fix issue making it impossible to install v2.80 on certain production batches of the Venus GX.
  • VRM: transmit power per tracker, right now needed for the VRM Dashboard, rather than current.
  • Fix I/O settings not visible on a CCGX even though GX Tank 140 is installed.
  • Fix GX device not being visible on other phones while already connected to one. Now it is visible in the 2nd phone, but then with an explanation that to connect, the other phone needs to actually disconnect first. This is now on par with how other Victron products work with Bluetooth.

RaspberryPi and other developer related:

• Venus OS image: Fix backlight issue
  • Packages: drop support for Jessie. Building for Jessie broke on our system, and also Jessie is EOL.

And lastly, note that v2.73 does not include the recent changes in v2.80, such as the read-only rootfs as well as python 3.

Thank you and all the best, Matthijs

Venus OS
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi all, today we released v2.73 official.

Blog post here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/blog/2021/08/31/venus-os-v2-73-small-varia/

There will be a new v2.80 test version later this week.

All the best!

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
erikkater avatar image
erikkater answered ·

Hi, I would like to test v2,73 on a raspbery pi 3 but after writing the .wic image to an sdcard the pi will not boot. Using the v2.66 .sdimg works fine so the sdcard is OK.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Erik

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
Hi, ErikKater, can you make a separate question for this? And for example try v2.71, or v2.72, meaning one of the other .wic.gz images?

I'm quite sure that it all works when properly written; otherwise more people would have complained.

Note that v2.73~1 testing is over, we released v2.73 officially per yesterday.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources