question

Nathan Ciaglia avatar image
Nathan Ciaglia asked

Smart shunt not showing in remote console settings page

Hey Guys,

I have a Multiplus II with both MPPT on the DC and a Fronius on the input. When first installed using the Ve.Direct cable to the Multi I noticed the smart shunt appeared in the remote console device list.

After disconnecting the batteries to rearrange them onto shelving I noticed a little spark when reconnecting the shunt positive lead to the battery. After looking at the remote console device list the shunt no longer appears in the list of devices.

If I plug the USB to Ve.Direct cable between the shunt and the Multi, I can see that the multi is using it again but it still doesn't show up in the device list.

Is there a way of enabling/disabling the devices shown in the device list or does the unit sound stuffed.

Regards,

Nathan

Multiplus-IISmartShuntremote console
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Nathan Ciaglia answered ·

I did some further test with this issue and it would seem the comms card in the multiplus II gx is not working correctly or the multi itself.
I tried plugging the shunt into a colour gx and the shunt showed up straight away.
strange issue because as I said the if I use the USB to ve direct, the system sees the current and voltage but doesn’t display the shunt in the list of devices. If I use the ve direct to ve direct cable, I don’t get anything at all.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

The smartshunt should ony be connected to a GX device and not a multi. Where no GX is used, the shunt is then accessed via bluetooth and VictronConnect.

2 |3000

I apologise, the Multi is a MultiPlus II GX and thus connected to the VE.Direct port of the GX.

1 comment
2 |3000

ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·

The VE.Direct cable should only have been connected after the power for the shunt was applied. The GX board may have suffered damage if the sequence was not followed. Best to approach your dealer to arrange a repair if this is indeed the case.

0 Likes 0 ·

Would love to know if the comms board can be replaced. Neither the Smart Shunt nor the Fronius inverter show in the list of devices.
they both are being used by the system though.

Anyone know?

2 |3000