question

caki avatar image
caki asked

Reset PIN Code Blue Smart IP67 Charger

I got an Blue Smart IP67 charger 24/8 and pairing is failing. When I try to reset the Pin Code, it gives me the error: "PIN Code reset is not possible, contact your Victron dealer" after a Busy message.

I tried two different phones. I was never able to connect so there is no bluetooth connection to forget. Tried to poweroff/on the unit and for the first 30 seconds it says that is not able to reset the PIN and that I should wait 30 seconds.

The green light is steady on and the yellow is slow blinking, There is no battery connected as I need to setup the battery type first (lithium)

What else can I do to reset the PIN?

Thanks

chargerBluetooth
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

caki avatar image caki commented ·

I forgot to mention that when scanning I see the the name "BSC IP67 24/8 xxxxxxxxx" where xxxxx is the serial number.

0 Likes 0 ·
achmed avatar image achmed commented ·
I have the same problem. Why does it not work as per manual and program? Please advise.

0 Likes 0 ·
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ achmed commented ·
Hi @Achmed

What are you trying as PUK code?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@caki

Try resetting it to default and starting again using these instructions.

screenshot-20210828-211059.jpg

There are other troubleshooting options for connecting.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mrhappy avatar image mrhappy commented ·

Thee BlueSmart IP67 that @caki ask about does not have a mode button...

Instructions for PIN reset is as follows:

Blue Smart Chargers IP67

On the device list: tap or click the three-dots menu on the right side of the product description. A menu will pop up offering a 'Reset PIN code' option. Click that, and enter the PUK code. The PUK code can be found on the product label, on the back of the product.

If this is what you are doing and it does not work, I don't know, maybe the unit is faulty?

0 Likes 0 ·
caki avatar image caki mrhappy commented ·
Yes, that's exactly what I'm doing. It does look like he unit has a problem and I did open a support request with Victron.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

VictronConnect bluetooth troubleshooting guide

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic