question

aurelian-munteanu avatar image
aurelian-munteanu asked

3 phase AC coupling Fronius 10kw + Victron

Hi, i want to install 10kw PV system AC coupled Fronius Symo 10.3 with Victron inverter/charger.

3 phase system, i will add batteries later.

Its not clear to me which Victron inverter/charger connects best to this Fronius for 10kw 3 phase .

If somebody can help me with the design i would appreciate it .

Thanks!

AC PV Coupling
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
basil katakuzinos avatar image
basil katakuzinos answered ·

AC-coupled PV with Fronius PV Inverters [Victron Energy]

The above article has a list of compatible Fronius inverters, they will work with All current Multis and Quattro inverters.

AC-coupling and the Factor 1.0 rule [Victron Energy]

Read this article as it contains some important information regarding AC Coupling and inverter sizing.

Remember your victron inverters will be 1 phase therefore for 3 phases off grid you will need 3 victron inverters

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

basil katakuzinos avatar image basil katakuzinos commented ·
One more thing, the victrons are purposeless without a battery. Completely missed that you mentioned not having batteries. What is the point of a victron inverter without batteries?
0 Likes 0 ·
aurelian-munteanu avatar image aurelian-munteanu commented ·

so 1 Fronius 10kw Symo + 3 Victron inverters/chargers for 3 or 5kw (one for each phase) . Victron connected to the grid and to batteries later. I want it to be ON-grid with possibility to add Tesla 2.8kw batteries later as an upgrade.

0 Likes 0 ·
shaneyake avatar image shaneyake aurelian-munteanu commented ·

I would go with 3x Mutliplus-ii 48/5000, 1 per phase.

You can't use a Victron inverter without batteries attached.
So if your plan is to install Fronius 10kw Symo now and then add Multiplus's and batteries later that would work but you shouldn't install the Multiplus till you have batteries.

0 Likes 0 ·
aurelian-munteanu avatar image aurelian-munteanu shaneyake commented ·

All clear now. Just go for the fronius and victron as upgrade when i add batteries.

0 Likes 0 ·
shaneyake avatar image shaneyake aurelian-munteanu commented ·

Yes, Victron inverters each handle 1 phase.

You don't need to have an inverter on every phase tho. Only the phases you would like to run off battery or offset the grid usage for.

The fronius inverter you are installing is a 3phase inverter correct?

0 Likes 0 ·