question

kampfkeks-mrz avatar image
kampfkeks-mrz asked

Multiplus II Charge Control Problem

I've got the following Problem or question:

The system like shown below has been build. Multiplus II, and a BlueSolar MPPT Charger 150/85. There's also a cerbo Controller.

unbenannt3.png

Configuration is always inverting, first charge battery then send energy to grid. Works nearly, but the battery is never full. While Multiplus doesn't feed energy to grid, there is no charging mode given. If the battery reaches Bulk-Voltage, the charge System changes mode direktly to "Float", Multiplus starts feeding Energy into grid, without Absorption time of an hour.

unbenannt.pngunbenannt1.png

Is there any Idea, why this is happening?

Greetings,

Kampfkeks

Multiplus-IIMPPT Controllerscerbo gx
unbenannt3.png (31.3 KiB)
unbenannt.png (12.8 KiB)
unbenannt1.png (9.7 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

shaneyake avatar image shaneyake commented ·
What are your mppt settings as this will do most of the charging?

The Multiplus shouldn't be charging your batteries, under normal conditions.
Are you are running ESS?
What type of batteries do you have? Are they CAN bus managed?

0 Likes 0 ·
kampfkeks-mrz avatar image kampfkeks-mrz shaneyake commented ·

Batteries are 4 pieces OPzS 12V 150Ah, they are unmanaged, but I aktivated the Multiplus for batterie control on the cerbo GX.

MPPT Settings are Bulk 56.6V, Float 52.8V, Abs. 2h. These values are given by my distributer. But: MPPT ignores that, because - as you can see, it's external controlled.

Because of external Control, I've set this in VEConf 3, but this is also ignored.

I'm using Self-consumption Hub-1, because ESS requires grid code - but I only can feed into grid temporarily and ESS can't disable feeding into grid. So the system will be turned into an offgrid-system.

I noticed another problem: last time battery was low, did a shutdown - but didn't feed AC Out with energy from grid... Don't know why... Here I'm searching for ideas too... System doesn't stay at grid, it will be moved to a generator at input..

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers