question

bloudan avatar image
bloudan asked

Ac out trips when ac in is turned on. Easysolar all in one

Ac in coming from utility causes ac out to turn off when utility power comes back on. Easy solar 24/1600.

EasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
basil katakuzinos avatar image
basil katakuzinos answered ·

So from my understanding the AC Out trips after a power failure when the AC IN comes back on. If the RCD trips it could be a problem somewhere with your Neutral wires. Can you confirm that your neutrals on the IN and Out side are not bonded anywhere. I could imagine this could create a scenario where some current returns through the neutral and bypasses the inverter.

If this is the case i think you should make sure that their is no neutral path from the in to the out side of the inverter.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bloudan avatar image
bloudan answered ·

Wiring seems fine. I see no problem with both n or l.

2 comments
2 |3000

basil katakuzinos avatar image basil katakuzinos commented ·
Have you tried disconnecting the loads from the inverter, testing, and then slowly adding loads on, perhaps that will help isolate the problem. If it is the RCD tripping though I am almost certain it is because your neutrals behind and infront of the inverter and RCD are bonded somewhere though.
0 Likes 0 ·
bloudan avatar image bloudan basil katakuzinos commented ·

I did turn of the ac2 out were I use it as an output from the inverter but the main ac out turned of also when ac in was switched on.

I noticed 4.5 dc amp are being used by the inverter when main ac out is turned off. Measurement done by ac clamp meter not dc. I am not sure how accurate.

0 Likes 0 ·