question

Colin Jordans avatar image
Colin Jordans asked

Cerbo Alarm Relay

Hi

I have a Cerbo GX that I'm using to control my Hybrid system of Lead Acid and Lithium batteries

Connected to my Cerbo GX to a REC BMS management system , Victron BlueSolar MPPT solar controllers 150/70 , Victron 500A/50mV Smart Shunt

I am trying to using the Cerbo to control the Lithium's charging and out put of the batteries .

The REC BMS management system has its own shunt and relay , and the type or relay is a normally open coil 9-36vdc contact rating 500A 12-900VDC and the

Voltage (Will Operate) 9-36VDC (Valid Over Temperature Range)

Voltage (Max.) 36VDC

Pickup (Close) Voltage Max. 9VDC

Hold Voltage (Min.) 7.5VDC

Dropout (Open) Voltage (Min.) 6VDC

Inrush Current (Max.) 3.8A

Holding Current (Avg.) 0.13A@12V, 0.07A@24V

Inrush Time (Max.) 130ms

Economiser limits back EMF to 0V

The Victron Cerbo GX relay has a 1amp at 24v capacity , from what I can find.

Is the Inrush Current of Max.) 3.8A too much for the Cerbo GX relay

The proband I am having , is trying to use the Alarm Relay of the Cerbo GX, it wont trigger .

In the user manual, this is all I can find on the Alarm Relay .

Relay Function Alarm relay Select the relay function. Possible functions are 'Alarm relay', 'Generator start/stop', 'Tank pump' and 'None' (disabled). Polarity Normally open Select the polarity of the relay on the back of the Cerbo GX. 'Normally open' or 'Normally closed'. (Note that setting it to normally closed increases the Cerbo GX power draw.)

I opened the remote console of the Cerbo GX and went to setting , down to Relay , then to

Function 1Relay and set it to Alarm Relay.

That done I went back to the Victron web monitoring page , https://vrm.victronenergy.com/installation/dashboard

then in to the setting then down to Alarm Rules then to Battery Monitor [277] and set the upper and lower liements . But the relay wont trigger

I hope some one could please help with this proband

Thanks Colin

Relay
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic